InkQuill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-01-19

I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:35 am

True, how could I forget. >w<

And yeah, that could work, but we'd have to be careful not to step into cliche human vs magic territory. Maybe it could be deeper then just someone not liking the improper outsider.
Back to top Go down
https://inkquill.forumotion.com
The Merc

The Merc

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-10-27

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:37 am

what if she was just very untrusting but needs help so she asks the girl and throughout the course of things they become friends or something...not saying it has to be easy like maybe the girl can betray her along the way somehow but yeah...
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:39 am

What could she need help with?
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:42 am

Well, what if innitially she just needs help with something small like helping a friend and no one else is around so she takes the outsider anyway seeing as it's better than nothing. The girl helps her help the friend and gains a little trust. In turn, the dragoness or whatever she's going to be will offer to show her around a bit hence they run into the bad guy or something.
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:44 am

That could work.

I really should go to bed though, we can talk about this more tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:45 am

Alright, see ya.
Back to top Go down
Fantaldark
Admin

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:54 am

So we have a girl whose curiousity, combined with some lucid dreams, push her to leave her village and head out into the forest. She finds that the forest is actually a barrier locking her village away from the fantasy world. Meets a dragoness and performs some small task, probably helping a friend, and gains a little trust. Dragoness gives her a tour, and they meet the bad guy.

Seems like a start. The thing the girl could do to help could be getting into a small or tight space, something the dragon's too big to do, and obtaining something in said small or tight space.
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:03 am

I have like 10 minutes because I can sense that my father is awake and preparing to mobilize XD

That's generally what we have so far. For the dragoness, in my mind I picture her as like a dragon/human creature. Like the body of a human female with like the wings and maybe the fangs and firebreathing, maybe scales or something, I dunno. I'm basing this off of a character I made in an MMO XD So in this case maybe the wings wouldn't let her get into the tight spot. Or maybe it could be something like swimming somewhere and she can't swim but the girl, she assumes can and innitially not caring if an outside drowns or not, drags her along XD
Back to top Go down
Fantaldark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:06 am

Dragons = shapeshifters, maybe, with each dragon being able to take a multitude of forms? There's a basis for it in mythologies, and if we keep it at 'swimming' we could simply make it that dragons and water don't mix.

Hey, that could be an important point later *jots down*
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:08 am

Not what I had in mind in fact better. That's a great idea...on BOTH counts.
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:08 pm

Yeay shapeshifters! I totally agree. Now we have to decide who mr baddie is. He/she would have to be someone interesting, someone bad, but not one toned and cliche. Maybe not a complete badguy, but someone who's intentions would end badly for the party that he isn't concerned about, which could be a few or a lot of the population, depending on what we end up choosing.
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:20 pm

Hm...Well maybe a guy just since the two we've discussed thus far are girls. Should he be older or younger? At least appearence wise I mean.
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Maybe older then the girl and younger then the dragonness.
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Okay should he work alone, have several really powerful but individual helpers, have an army of ________, or just one partner?
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:08 pm

Not sure. Fant will have a good idea about that, that's his area of expertise.
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:22 pm

Okay. I'm used to the bad guy having like an army but then some high ranking followers. I get my bases mostly from RPG's when it comes to fantasy but let's hop over that for now. What about some other characters?
Back to top Go down
Fantaldark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:21 pm

Wow, bad guys are my area of expertise? Okay then, hmm...

What if the bad guy was just a general of an army, or enlisted as a protector of the Fantasy world or something, and his entire beef with our hero is that she doesn't belong? He could be a decent guy, just overprotective of the fantasy world, giving him motivations that are easily understandable.

He'd have minions, probably a right hand man and some underlings, that he sends out to bring the girl into custody and throw her out of his world. And the method of removing her from the world could be a pretty horrible one - but then he's been lied to about exactly how these people are removed.

Oh yes, he has a boss that scores a lot higher on the evil meter than he does (there's always a man behind the man), but perhaps the story isn't fully resolved at the end?
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:22 pm

that reminds me of AVATAR for some reason XD but good idea.
Back to top Go down
Fantaldark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:28 pm

Yeah, but in Avatar the military dude was the hero and turned against the other military guys. Similar premise, but different payoff really.
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:31 pm

Oh no-no I was just kidding. Ehehe sorry. It does sound like a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:32 pm

That sounds like a good idea to me. The not completely resolved issue would be good too, we'd just have to be careful not to allow it to get too brick-wall-ending on us.
Back to top Go down
Fantaldark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:36 pm

It's always good to have a few loose strings at the end of a story, that way the reader can work out their own ways as to how those strings are tied up. We won't be ramming down the brakes and saying 'thank you, come again' to the reader, but we'll leave enough of the story unresolved that the reader can come up with their own resolutions.
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:45 pm

And THEN we ram down the breaks. Buahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Fantaldark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:49 pm

You're evil. Pure evil.

Which is why I love you.
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:51 pm

-^w^-
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:52 pm

But yeah, that makes the world, the three main characters, and a touch of the plot, but we need to develop the plot more.
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:52 pm

Did I miss something? I was helping my mom with something
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

>w<
Back to top Go down
Fantaldark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:55 pm

Just read back over what was said, we haven't gone too much further.
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:57 pm

O-kay, anyway, should we have any characters that fit the following?

Comic Relief
Cool/Tough Guy/Girl (I think Tough Girl fits the Dragoness maybe.)
Love Interest
Wise Cracker
Sadist
Confidence Lacking
Ditzy
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 8:53 pm

What if we had like a faerie/fairy follow them around for the sake of having one of those adorable factors. It could like take naps on the characters' heads and pick fights with much larger foes and other stuff that's cute/funny/whatever.
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:34 pm

A character just for the sake of fun could be good, it doesn't have to be ALL serious I guess. Gotta be fun too.
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:39 pm

Yep. The idea IS afterall to target as much audience as possible. The more range in characters the more range in audience, I find n_n
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Hey, that reminds me, we should start thinking about features of the individual characters soon, right?
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 3:01 pm

Yeah, but I think that'll be more of one of the last things we do, since we'll need the main things figured out first.
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 3:13 pm

True. So what do you think we should worry about this moment?
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Genre -- decided
Setting(s) -- decided
Plot
Main Protagonist(s) -- decided
Main Antagonist(s) -- decided
1st Person, 3rd Person, Mixed
Dynamics/Mood

We got an idea of the plot, but didn't really fully decide that, then the mood, then the perspective. Perspective should be an easy one to decide. 3rd person seems like a good option, take in all the characters. then again, 1st would be a good way to make clear why she left and why she doesn't want to go back, more personal. Mixed maybe?
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Mixed would be good. It could be like 1st in some chapters/episodes and 3rd in others? As for the plot, yeah we should probably do that next since that does considerably alter the perspectives...in certain cases anyway.
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:18 pm

Well if she's not leaving for the town and leaves for herself then I don't really see a means of "Do I even want to go back?" anymore. It's brought across more easily when there's some home hitting reason she should return rather than "Just because they'll miss me" or "I'm starting to miss them" syndrome. I always found that kind of weak. Don't know why. If she were to leave for herself then you'd think she wouldn't care about going back at all, at least not until something god awful happens but o we want to give her "Spider-Man" syndrome and make her entire life in this place just miserable? The villain (er the villain behind the "Villain") should maybe make her seriously think about it in some way like maybe showing her a false image of...yeah I don't know. If she left just to leave I don't see how she'd care even if she'd been shown a false image of her family in trouble. But maybe I'm just rambling. I'm not sure I've ever done "Just Because". Anyway, the "villain" could just want her gone but should the villain behind the "villain" want something more out of her? Maybe it could have something to do with the dragoness?
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:35 pm

Yeah, spiderman syndrome, not so good. Maybe she LIKES this place, even with bad things happening she could enjoy the environment and the people. The lesser baddie could be trying to get rid of her, but it would probably be best to do so in a less predictable way then just "make her miserable and she'll leave". I like the idea of the main baddie wanting something bigger then her leaving. Maybe the lesser baddie's actions could be product of the main baddie's orders. Though I doubt lesser baddie would know the true point of his actions, maybe he could even find it confusing. If he's confused by what he's doing it could make him more interesting.
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:51 pm

Confusion amongst the bad guy is always fun. Not too common so that's a good idea. The big baddie should want something equally as big as his own role if not bigger right? But there are a few cliches we might want to avoid. Maybe he could have...okay what if he actually has more than one of the minor baddies but the main one has a bit more of an independent mind and begins to get confused while the others carry out their duties respectfully. He could be sending the one to take care of this "minor annoyance" while the others are sent to do something different?
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:05 pm

Ahh, interesting, I like it. And somewhere along the line either the good guys or the minor baddie could maybe find out what's really going on, or at least catch wind of it. We'd have to be careful with that though, because at that point he could either go all "oh noes!" and turn good guy, be like "I wanna has that powahhs!" and turn into a bigger baddie...or something in the gray area. Grey would be best, because both baddie turned goodie and powah hungry baddie have been done and a half.
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:11 pm

Very true. Grey area is best for that. Now let's see...how do you think would be the best way for "Our Heroes" to even get involved in all of this?
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:54 pm

They fall in a rabbit hole and land on the baddie's lap!!!!11!!
>>
<<

Having them hear or see something would be to predictable, and having them stumble onto it would be even more so. Having it stumble on THEM would be a bit better, though still a bit of a danger area. Probably shouldn't have them go all gung-ho "I'm gonna be a hero and save deh world!" That's also been done before. What if they're just doing their own thing, and want to continue doing their own thing, have no desire whatsoever to be a part of the drama, but their mere presence and the minor baddie's task prevents them from that...though now with that all typed out that sounds very boring...
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 6:13 pm

You'd be surprised at how I can make boring things interesting XD buuuuut we SHOULD have something more to it I suppose. What if they innitially get him to help them with something, something really tiny and he leaves but they discover he's not all he's cracked up to be as the story progresses?
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 6:15 pm

What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 6:24 pm

Well we mentioned before thathe dragoness decides to give a little tour so maybe they come up in a town where they run into some trouble like the town's being ransacked by some mythical creature like gremlins or something. They innitially try to help out a bit but he shows up and resolves the problem (while it's secretly not him oing something good but simply caring out an order) He then leaves, too leaving them a bit curious but they don't follow him or anything.
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 7:17 pm

That could work. That could also leave them with a someone optimistic look on him when they meet up again, and it'll be a nice surprise when he turns on them.
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Yeah that'll be fun to work with. So then what should Mr. Boss Man want exactly? Power and Fortune are way common but easiest...what else is there for a megalomaniac anyway XD
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 2:46 am

Fun? Maybe he likes being powerful. It could be less about the stuff and more about the game of getting it. Maybe somehow the two heros break the rules of his game and he doesn't like that, so he tries to put things back to how he thinks they should be, or maybe rewrite the rules, a bit of a challenge, do something that by all rights shouldn't be possible, make them do something that they otherwise wouldn't do. Or maybe something entirely different. For pure unrated kicks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo   I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Have An Pseudo-Idea For A Collabo
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
InkQuill :: Chat :: Collaboration board :: Undecided-
Jump to: