InkQuill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Right click disabled?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Porcelain Valentine

Porcelain Valentine

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Right click disabled? Empty
PostSubject: Right click disabled?   Right click disabled? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:31 pm

VALENTINE: Valentine blinks in confusion. Whenever I try to right click on this forum, a window pops up telling me that I can't do that. Is this a feature of the forum software, or was it added in?
If it was added in, why is it there? Not everyone uses right-click with bad intentions... I use it to open tabs when I'm browsing the forum so I can read efficiently. Right-click also operates my spell-check - without it, I can't correct my spelling.
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Right click disabled?   Right click disabled? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:59 pm

I did that to protect writers from people copy-pasting their works to snag it for themselves...but yeah, right-click also works for other important things. I'll re-enable it. I'll only disable it again if I feel it will become a threat to people's work.
Back to top Go down
https://inkquill.forumotion.com
Azmaria

Azmaria

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Right click disabled?   Right click disabled? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:40 am

not to mention blocking right click blocking doesn't block copy/past hotkeys.

ctrl+C is copy and ctrl+V is paste.
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: Right click disabled?   Right click disabled? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:27 pm

*Sigh*
Back to top Go down
Dakkon

Dakkon

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Right click disabled?   Right click disabled? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:35 am

Something else that people can use to protect their works is this site in fact: If you have it in your log what date and time someone's writing was posted, and it gets plagiarized, they have a record that proves they wrote it first. It's not perfect, but it's proof.
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: Right click disabled?   Right click disabled? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:54 pm

That is true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Right click disabled?   Right click disabled? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Right click disabled?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
InkQuill :: Site :: Questions-
Jump to: