InkQuill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Short Circuit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Merc

The Merc

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-10-27

Short Circuit Empty
PostSubject: Short Circuit   Short Circuit Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 1:21 pm

It's an RPG on another site that I failed to really make popular but, who knows, may go over well here. So here's the general plot idea.

A group of kids out camping suddenly find themselves on the wrong end of a falling space rock. From it emerges a 4 ft tall alien robot with a sense of...innocence. They decide to take it home, swapping it between their houses regularly and teaching it. But the robot soon begins to recall its purpose. Can you get it to trust you enough in the end or will he bring an never-ending reign on mankind from above? Did I mention that a group of alien crazed nerds are after him? They'll do anything *CoughpretendtobeArea51,Ring up the US Military,ectCough* to get him. Fight Aliens, Robots, and Alien Robots in an Interactive Adventure

-RP Uses an Interactive system. Occasionally you'll have to make choices and those choices may impact the Robot's performance in a fight.

How the interactive system works is that each response is worth a specific number of points and before you fight with the robot, you see what the points were applied to of its four classes; Missiles, Lasers, Armor, Guns. The idea is to drop the opponent's points to nothing. The number of points one of the classes has, is the number of points you get to swipe when you hit the opponent. Each class has a special power but a hinderance. Missiles CANNOT miss but after use, you can't attack again until the next turn. Lasers can bust through shields and barriers but can only be used once period. Armor, basically any form of physical interaction at all from alien swords to punching, disables the last weapon the opponent used for 3 turns but also makes it impossible for them to miss you should they attack. Guns chop away twice the amount of points at close range than at far range but at far range, the opponent is harder to hit and at close range, you're easier to hit. Points assigned are simply based on the situation. They are between -2 and 2 so you've 5 different situations, -2 and -1 take points from whatever class. 0 is neutral territory. 1 and 2 add points. Here's how the addition would work. Say the Situation is that you found him/her/it whatever you envision the robot being and it has a jar of cookies and says "Eat?" The list of responses would probably be something like this.

(1. Take the Cookies)
(2. Tell _____ that he literally CAN'T eat them)
(3. Tell _____ "Why Not")
(Do Not Respond)

The way that would most likely go over would be

Response 1: -1
Response 2: 0
Response 3: +2 then -1
Time Out: -2

So that would be pretty much a lose or nothing situation. The Class the points are assigned to would be completely random. Oh and depending on your response to the "Favored Class" in the Sign-Up, that class will automatically get 10 points before a fight.

The Robot would also act differently depending on who it's speaking with. Example would be with me. If it were speaking with my character (I don't have one. I only control the Robot when not in combat and the enemies when in combat) it would act generally very innocent and kind of like the Iron Giant. If it were someone else's conversation, the robot may act wild and fun. It's just one of the fun things about the game. During Combat, you get to control his actions but during the general gameplay I control him unless someone requests.

Name:
Weapons (One Per Class):
Personality:
Appearence:
What You Think The Robot's Name Should Be:
Robot's Personality Around You:
What do you want to teach the Robot?:
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

Short Circuit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Circuit   Short Circuit Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 1:22 pm

I will only be using the Robot as an RPC. To see what he looks like, at least in my mind, check out my avatar.
Back to top Go down
The Merc

The Merc

Short Circuit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Circuit   Short Circuit Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 9:43 pm

Oh, because of some feedback to this, I got an idea so what I'm going to do from now on is in Roleplays, I'll actually Classify it. It'll look like this.

Roleplay Style
Free Form/Guided/Mixed
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Realistic Fiction, etc.
Rated G/Rated PG (Only difference is violence level)
Overview: A(n) _______ RP in which characters _______in this story/loose story/free RP

For this particular Roleplay it'd be

Mixed
Sci-Fi
Rated PG
Overview: A Combat/Action RP in which characters interact with a robot to power it up and fight with it in this Free RP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Short Circuit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Circuit   Short Circuit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Short Circuit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
InkQuill :: Writing lounge :: Rping-
Jump to: