InkQuill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

the goblin turned up

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fleamailman

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-03-16

the goblin turned up Empty
PostSubject: the goblin turned up   the goblin turned up Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 12:32 am

"...hi..." said the goblin, who always wrote in third person, continuing "...I suspect that in your world I am what is called a ghostwriter, that is that although I am prolific, as you will see mortals if I am allowed to start my "last post" thread here on your site, I am just a persona here, anonymous...", outside in the cold workday morning the city of Geneva readied once more for the bidding of the moneygod under a clear blue sky, whereas inside the room, the goblin sat typing at his daughter's desk, where he had left the laptop the night before, and where he remembers the conversation had been about the family's future, his grown daughter was sleeping still, somehow the goblin envied her her ability to sleep on then where he, at best, could manage six hours, "...you see..." the goblin voiced to the near empty room thinking of something "...on the Internet, it's different now, I mean, this writing style, ones goals, the punctuation and most that worked well for a book, somehow won't work for a post will they, and yet what you are reading here is fast becoming the number one medium of reading, simply the bookworld is retrenching and retracting under this very onslaught, while the writers themselves seem somehow caught up in an outdated mindset, one of trying to write for books where most people, read readers, are on the Internet here...", the goblin paused, perhaps for an Introduction he had been too forthright again, as he signed off here, and headed towards the small kitchen to refuel his brain with more caffeine
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: the goblin turned up   the goblin turned up Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 4:26 pm

Welcome Fleamailman. You certainly have an interesting style of writing, having you at the site should be fun.
Back to top Go down
https://inkquill.forumotion.com
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the goblin turned up   the goblin turned up Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 5:46 pm

the goblin thanked the earthling for her warm welcome then, saying "...well, I hope we can be friends then, most people simply call me "flea" and they are on a different server, across many sites that is...", at which point the goblin had noticed that the usually passive clock at this late hour was slowly creeping up upon him, "...very strange, they don't normally do that..." voiced the goblin, adding "...well if it's not the clock, then it's that sandman, or does he come later still, never remember, anyway were was I...", the clock by now had returned to ticking off the seconds on the wall again, the goblin's night time desk. the cold room and umpteen other details flashed through the goblin's mind as he sifted through his sack of thoughts till he came across what it was he had wanted to ask, asking "...I know, I wanted to ask you if I could start a "last post" thread here, goblins do like "last post" threads you know, something to do with everyone mixing in I guess...", to which the sandman turned up on queue, and although the sandman never seemed to say anything it was just that threatening look as he waved that zapgun, which told the goblin that unless he stopped writing this postZzzzzzzzz
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: the goblin turned up   the goblin turned up Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:10 am

^---^ Alright, Flea. And yeah, I understand that, I likewise know many people across many sites. But I must ask, a "last post" thread? I've never heard of that before. Explain please?
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the goblin turned up   the goblin turned up Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:11 am

"...well, it's just a game, where the last person to post wins, but, since anything one posts wins anyway, people soon realize that it is what they post, and not how often they post, that really wins here..." mentioned the goblin who would link if asked but preferred to keep site members where they were, adding "...actually, I am across many of them now but I won't start one here until you say that it is OK to, though if you do agree then I will defend it here as much I do elsewhere, one small point though, in the game there is no double posting rule, simply you can post as often as you like and win. oh and you can lock it or delete it whenever you wish but you will lose me in doing so...", and with that the goblin was finding this site interesting he admitted, somehow the plot was pulling the goblin back to thread now, perhaps the game had already started candidly here then
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: the goblin turned up   the goblin turned up Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:41 pm

Alright, sure, you can start it in the chat room whenever you'd like.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the goblin turned up   the goblin turned up Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 2:01 am

and suddenly Ryue was beutiful beyond words felt the goblin who now had a home here, saying "...I need to place my stuff across servers as one never quite knows when one server will go down, and I think this is the only "last post" thread I have on this server, so it is important to me..." and with that the goblin was off to start it promising to go slowly, adding "...it's not a blog, it's anyone here who wants to post something to there can, a communal blog then...", outside, the sun gripped the city in its warmth again and Spring, if it really was Spring that is, was here it seemed, while inside, the goblin just readies his mind for the onslaught of replies to "last post" threads that he knew he had to reply to, "...this then is all that keeps my mind sharp besides coffee, I will never grow old now, not on the Internet at least..."

Last edited by fleamailman on Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: the goblin turned up   the goblin turned up Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 1:52 pm

Brilliant! You have found the elixir of immortality! The internet truly is a great place that way.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the goblin turned up   the goblin turned up Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:01 pm

"...Ryue, come and post with me, I want you to be part of it, it is not my blog..." said the goblin, adding "...I will help you where I can, promise, I can't make you into a writer but you can become one..."
Back to top Go down
Ryue
Admin
Ryue

PostSubject: Re: the goblin turned up   the goblin turned up Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 5:42 pm

I am sorry, I really have been trying to get a post in, but my self imposed schedule gets the best of me. I really must learn better time management, =w=. I'll get some posts in though. Once it becomes habit then I'll be able to do it without having to try and remind myself.
Back to top Go down
Shonkey

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: the goblin turned up   the goblin turned up Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 3:08 pm

The creature known as Shonkey walked into the forum, noting the new scent in the air. 'Ah. A newcomer. Welcome to the site.' Shonkey sat down and awaited a response.
Back to top Go down
http://darkthrone.com/recruiter/outside/A0OF9OD5OA3OA3OD8OF9
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the goblin turned up   the goblin turned up Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 3:39 pm

the goblin welcomed the shonkey admitting that one didn't see many of them in this part of the world, saying "...welcome then, this is home, I guess we all do just whatever we want within reason, it is a writer's forum but not to be put off by that, it's more freestyle here I suppose, and I for one can't write for toffee, not that I even liked toffees mind you...", and with that the goblin went back to the "last post" thread here, simply that was more his style he knew
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the goblin turned up   the goblin turned up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the goblin turned up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
InkQuill :: Chat :: Welcome page-
Jump to: